Can anyone recommend a good value scanner?

Discuss and recommend materials and suppliers

PostCan anyone recommend a good value scanner?

by moragmerriman » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:17 pm

Hi everyone, I am looking for advice on the best value scanners available for graphic fine art/illustrative work (I generally work in pen and ink, pencil and charcoal, usually monochrome). My scanner (just a basic A4 one) broke down some time ago and I'm needing to upload more images to my website (which I haven't really touched since embracing first-time motherhood!). Any help or advice anyone can give would be much appreciated. Many thanks!

http://www.moragthomsonmerriman.co.uk
moragmerriman
Forum Newbie

PostRe: Can anyone recommend a good value scanner?

by paulwinder » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:04 am

Hi there

You posted quite a while before I became a member but if you've not yet got your replacement scanner I can recommend the Epson Perfection V200 Photo. I bought mine a whle back (less than 12 months though) from Ebuyer for around £60. It is A4 and the lid lifts clear to enable you to lay on awkward sized pieces/watercolour pads and the like. It also has a contraption to enable you to repro photographic slides (although I've not used this facility much). It is quiet, relatively quick and can repro in awesome detail for such a small piece of kit.

I use it quite a lot for my uploads.

paulwinder
http:/www.paintingsbypaulwinder.co.uk
paulwinder
Forum Newbie

PostRe: Can anyone recommend a good value scanner?

by moragmerriman » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:44 pm

Hi Paul,
Apologies for the very, very late response to your message! I haven't used the forum much for the past few years, and have only just now found your message, so I'm very sorry indeed :(.

Thanks so much for the very helpful info. I've just looked up the Epson scanner on Amazon and it seems to have really positive reviews. I ended up getting an old Canon scanner from Dad and it's not too bad, but when it gives up the ghost, I'll definitely look into the Epson version!

Many thanks again for all your help,
with best wishes
Morag
moragmerriman
Forum Newbie