Has anyone worked with this paint or one like it?

Discuss and recommend materials and suppliers

PostHas anyone worked with this paint or one like it?

by blondart84 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:38 pm

I have been painting with acrylics for a number of years. Recently, I started painting with Atelier Interactive. It's a great acrylic on its own, but after it gets dried and up to its cured, you can bring the paint back to its wet state to continue blending or revealing. Has anyone else experienced this acrylic? I would love to hear comments on the paint and the paintings I posted with this. :)
blondart84
Forum Newbie

PostRe: Has anyone worked with this paint or one like it?

by wendypuerto » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:01 pm

I think I need to go to specsavers!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

No I have always meant to try them out but just haven't got round to it.
wendypuerto
Power User

by jeanniezelos » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:20 am

specsavers - me too Wendy. i had to cut and paste into a text doc to read it :D here's it in larger font for those like wendy and I who couldn't read it :)
I have been painting with acrylics for a number of years. Recently, I started painting with Atelier Interactive. It's a great acrylic on its own, but after it gets dried and up to its cured, you can bring the paint back to its wet state to continue blending or revealing. Has anyone else experienced this acrylic? I would love to hear comments on the paint and the paintings I posted with this.

no - I've used ordinary acrylics and recently been using alkyd oils. I'd guess the interactive paints are a bit like them - alkyds are quicker drying oils and atelier seem to be slower drying acrylics.
jeanniezelos
Power User

by traceyletchford » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:14 pm

Hi, I've been using 'normal' acrylics for years but recently tried some of these atelier interactives after purchasing them at the SAA london art exhibition. They are really quite good, easy to use and the water spray method to keep them going is fabulous. If it does dry completely, the unlocking formula is good but I found you can put a small amount of it in your water spray bottle and it keeps it going indefinitely....how good is that? They also lend well to the watercolour method as they can be lifted slightly even when dry.
:D Tracey
traceyletchford
Forum Newbie

by suemclearie » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:53 pm

They sound great!
I had seen them advertised a while back but didn't really understand what they did.

I'll have to keep a look out for them, maybe I can put them on my Christmas list.
Are they more expensive than Artists Acrylic?

Sue :)

http://www.suemclearie.co.uk
http://www.suemclearie.co.uk
PAWS by Sue McLearie
(Paper and Wire Sculptures)
suemclearie
Forum Member