Abstract art

Need a second opinion? Post your work here for constructive criticism...

PostAbstract art

by catherinecreaney » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:03 pm

[url=http://www.mybannermaker.com]Image

Hi new abstract painting I've created, would appreciate any views :)

[/url]
Paradise Lost for f.jpg
Paradise Lost for f.jpg (168.45 KiB) Viewed 8841 times

http://www.catherinecreaney.com
catherinecreaney
Forum Newbie

PostRe: Abstract art

by wendyhyde » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:02 am

Hello Catherine, nice to know you!

I am a new artist to this site also joining last week. I saw your work posted in the critiques corner Paradise Lost Abstract.

I would say I prefer your other work particularly 'White Square' and Focus . I like the strength of the marks and the space in them, which allows the eye to 'rest'.
When I get used to using this site, I will post some of my work on here (abstract expressionist) and you can give me your own critique. It is always good to be in touch with other artists.!
I admire your technical skill with your portraiture - out of interest which type of work gives you the most satisfaction ?
Hope this is of use - remember each person is affected differently by each piece of work - be true to yourself
All the best Wendy :P
wendyhyde
Forum Newbie

by catherinecreaney » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:34 pm

[url=http://www.mybannermaker.com]Image

Thanks for the comments Wendy. I would say both my styles of art satisfy me in different ways. I think I get more of an instant satisfaction from abstraction as it dosnt take so long to create and more of a pride and huger satisfaction from my realism, as it takes so much skill and time to produce. Both fulfill different parts of my personality and creativity in different ways. One expresses colours and emotions more, one expresses emotions too but also more my intellectual side and need to convey a scene or human face with its emotions and expressions.

I must have a look at your work too, I bet its skillful

ohh and ps I prefer my abstract piece "The white square" of all my abstractions. I have done a new one Phantasmagoria which I also like which has a peaceful feel and is a move into new techniques in abstraction. You might like it too...though its different to Focus and The white square. Glad you like Focus too, so many overlook cus of its lack of detail, but I see that as it's quality :)

Catherine

www.catherinecreaney.com
catherinecreaney
Forum Newbie

by wendyhyde » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:04 am

Nice to hear from you Catherine!

Looking forward to seeing more of your artwork - i suppse its the old debate of what sort of work demands more skill? Both realist artists and abstract would each say their own type of work demanded high level of skills and we could argue that point until the cows come home!
I think each artist finds their own way to facilitate their needs ---- keep on with your great artwork and i will say i prefer your abstract pieces - but then I would wouldn't I !!!!!
your friend in art Wendy :P
wendyhyde
Forum Newbie