would love some constructive critisism

Need a second opinion? Post your work here for constructive criticism...

Postwould love some constructive critisism

by Peach » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:35 pm

Hi

am new to this site and would welcome any coments on my work, to enable me to be better abd hopefullly make a full time career out of my art.

www.joannawilde.com

Thank you in advance

Jo x
Peach
Forum Newbie

PostRe: would love some constructive critisism

by crowbaby » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:14 am

hi. i check out your site. very much like sensitivity of the eyes. and expressive faces.
crowbaby
Forum Newbie

by crowbaby » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:45 am

Jo, have you considered seeing advertising agents, in person. or t shirt production?
crowbaby
Forum Newbie

by Peach » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:23 pm

Advertising agents, no I hadn't how would I go about finding one? Have thought about the t'shirts, but do they sell, have seen loads around, and maybve could do some with some of the more cartoon stuff i've done, will definately give that some more thought. Thank you so much for you responses, i really appreciate the help.
Peach
Forum Newbie

by jamesalden » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:03 pm

Hi Peach,
Got around to your post at last.I cannot and will not criticise your work,to me there are now four newcomers that are going places,yourself being the latest.Ithink we both know you have what it takes.
Therefore I shall point the finger at myself in the hope that you do not repeat what I have done wrong.
Item one, my domain name,is anyone going to enter james alden in the search bar? If they dont the engines wont have a clue.
Next,everything you do is worthy of as much time as it takes,in the past I have rushed work out to meet a deadline,mind on the next painting before the present one was half finished,result- a disaster,utter rubbish.
I didn't get out enough,you live in a village?Should be loads to sketch,maybe you have a knowledge of whats around you,if not a couple of field guides may be usefull to gain a greater awarness.
Village and chuch halls are not always unprofitable if publicised enough,but if you rely on through traffic they die a death before noon.
I simply left it too late,you are young, grab it while you can,don't regret it later.Given that I have been too idle to promote myself properly though I haven't done bad,shant hold my breath online though.
Carry on as you are,give it the time it deserves and I am sure you will shine through. Jim Alden.
jamesalden
Forum Newbie

by Peach » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:47 pm

Hi jim

I agree with the domain name, I did the same, vanity I guess, however my plan is to have another site once i have done my research. I too have rushed to meet a deadline, but a valuable lesson was learned, if I am not totaly absorbed in what i am painting, i now put it down, start something new and pick it up later, this way I have forund that i can meet all deadlines without the rush (do sometimes have 3 on the go though). I do live in a village, but prefer to go out and about to gain material.

Thank you for your help Jim lots of valuable advice, and it is never too late.

Jo
Peach
Forum Newbie

by suemclearie » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:06 pm

Hi Jim and Jo,

I also did the same with the domain name, I didn't really 'get' that at the time.

You can pay to change it on here, I haven't got around to doing it yet though...

Sue
http://www.suemclearie.co.uk
PAWS by Sue McLearie
(Paper and Wire Sculptures)
suemclearie
Forum Member