Vistaprint business cards - approach with EXTREME caution

Warn other artists of scammers and share tips on how to stay safe.
Login and post to the Private Forum if you are not 100% sure that you are correct about a scam warning.
Forum rules
Very Important!
* Avoid duplication posts - Please search the forum (e.g. use the potential scammers email address) before posting.
* Login and post to the Private Forum if you are not 100% sure that you are correct about a scam warning.

PostVista print -

by suemutch » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:51 pm

Ive ordered cards from them too - I will be keeping a wary eye on my statements - this is really worrying.

Sue
suemutch
Forum Member

PostVista print -

by suemutch » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:15 am

Ive just had major problems with Vista Print -they added me not once but twice to the VP reward programme and were stopping 4 payments of
suemutch
Forum Member

by lornastorey » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:17 pm

My advice is to keep a very close eye on your credit card statement especially if you have a business account.
I bought cards from them over a year ago. It was one of three transactions on that card. One being a regular supplier of mine in the US, the other one the local post office. My card details were stolen that month and someone went on a spending spree buying mobile phones and cards. Luckily for me the bank was alerted when this person couldn't provide the 3 digit secutrity number because they didn't have the actual card.
I'm not saying that this company was the one employing a thief, that would be slander, all I am saying is take care.
http://www.lornastorey.co.uk
http://www.allthatjazz-crafts.co.uk

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning."
lornastorey
Forum Member

by suemutch » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:10 pm

Thanks for the warning Lorna - I will take extra care checking my statement.

Sue
suemutch
Forum Member

PostRe: Vistaprint business cards - approach with EXTREME caution

by nicola » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:00 pm

I was "done" by Premier Club via VistaPrint in December 2007 when I noticed £9.95 had been debited to my credit card account. Apparently I had agreed to membership by clicking on an invitation to receive £10 off my next VistaPrint order. I did not complete any questionnaire, membership application or provide my credit card details to Premier Club. I rang PC on 0845 672 2002, cancelled my memebrship and asked for a refund. The person I spoke to said that by clicking on the banner advertisement I gave them authority to obtain my credit card details directly from VistaPrint! VistaPrint are obviously running an illegal scam and have been doing so for years, judging by the number of complaints I have found by doing a google search. I have now received a refund from the credit card company by way of chargeback. I have not lost a lot of money but there is a point of principle here. Apparently this scam is being reported on Radio 4 on the You and Yours programme on Wednesday 9th January 2008. I hope this will warn people not to order anything from VistaPrint.
nicola

by johnf » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:48 am

So far I have only been billed the correct amount, so I will be keeping an eye on my account, but I only order them a couple of weeks ago. I must say though that the quality of the cards I ordered was very poor, so much so, that I may bin them and order some more from a 'better quality' printer.
johnf

by suemutch » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:58 pm

I also got caught out with this scam and because I had placed two separate orders with Vista Print had 2 deductions of £9.95 to my credit card for each order amounting to 4 x £9.95 each month. I was told much the same as Nicola. The deductions were in the name of VP Promotions, and VP Business.

They did refund them when I complained but it is very sharp practice.

The deductions didnt happen till 3 months after the orders were placed so it pays to be vigilante, I also found I was getting lots of special offer emails that were also related to this scam.
suemutch
Forum Member

by grezley1 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:28 pm

Hi

I can also report that Vista Print are in the habit of giving your credit card details to companies such as Premier Club who sign you up after a month's 'trial' and take £9.99 from your account each month. It's easy enough to cancel but you won't know about it until the payment appears on your statement
grezley1

by rebeccabrown » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:54 pm

I got some cards from them a few months back with no problems at all, is there a english vista print and a american one maybe? Becky
rebeccabrown
Junior Forum Member

PostI'm very surprised

by ArtChain » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:44 pm

Not that I'm disputing anyone else's experiences, but I and other people I know have used VistaPrint for years without problems.

In fact, I have highly recommended them many times to other people.

It does seem, from what I've read, that the scam is actual being perpetrated by an affiliate or partner. Not an excuse, but it may explain why a previously upstanding company has suddenly become a ripoff.
ArtChain.com - searchable directory of artists and art groups in the US and Canada
ArtChain

by tiffanydurling » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:43 pm

I've had no problems with the English company of VistaPrint for over a year

:mrgreen:
tiffanydurling
Forum Member

by shirleyrodgers » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:50 pm

I've used Vista more than once, but now I delete any emails because I'm paranoid that anything/one will 'infiltrate' my bank account or my PC, both of which I would be lost without. I've found that it's no good putting them on 'junk', because they seem to be able to use some way of avoiding this mechanism.

Why are some people so ****** up that they have to do these things?
alphadesignsuk.com
shirleyrodgers
Junior Forum Member

PostRe: I'm very surprised

by jeanniezelos » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:30 am

ArtChain wrote:It does seem, from what I've read, that the scam is actual being perpetrated by an affiliate or partner. Not an excuse, but it may explain why a previously upstanding company has suddenly become a ripoff.

thats a fair comment but by now there is no way Vista doesn't know of people's problems so they should have cut contact with them as soon as problems began to evolve.
looking at the billing info about rewards though it does seem as if rewards is a part of vistaprint itself.
http://www.vistaprint.co.uk/vp/help/NTR ... 23%3A36+AM
but they do seem to have made it an "opt in" service now whereas it was originally an "opt out" one and its done by pop ups which may not appear if you have pop up blockers so thats how many people came to be "in" when they had no idea - because they hadn't opted out ( by not getting the opt out pop up) vista had joined them in the programme.
There's so many good card co's that i wouldn't take the risk of using one with a bad rep even if its historically bad. it takes along while to repair lost trust.
jeanniezelos
Power User

by rebeccabrown » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:37 am

:o Wow I was surprized to get a topic notification on Vista print. this topic was from last year . My post was dated august 07! A year ago! Again I had no problems with them.
When this topic started there was so private forum, in future we should keep topics like this Private, as not to upset anyone.
I had a bit of trouble when someone read mails i didn't want them to see, before the private forum. :P
Becky
rebeccabrown
Junior Forum Member

by alexanderjohnson » Mon May 25, 2009 7:07 pm

I'm sorry to hear all of you who have had trouble with this company. I've been using them for 3 years for business cards and postcards (a friend who runs a non-art company recommended me) and for the record I have never had any trouble with them at all, goods arrive on time, are value for money and i have never been overcharged. However, on reading the posts and the ones on the link, I have decided not to use them in the future. I suspect that on clicking the '10 minute' screen you are passed on to a completely different company who pay Vistaprint for your information. Sad and really annoying.

I have never clicked on the 10 minute link screen, just as I never click on anything that offers me stuff i haven't asked for or ANYTHING that says it is 'free'. The only things that are 'free' in business are either useless or illegal!

Thanks for everyone for all this info anyway, really useful and the WWW at it's best!

Alexander.
alexanderjohnson
Forum Newbie