susana d'momo

Warn other artists of scammers and share tips on how to stay safe.
Login and post to the Private Forum if you are not 100% sure that you are correct about a scam warning.
Forum rules
Very Important!
* Avoid duplication posts - Please search the forum (e.g. use the potential scammers email address) before posting.
* Login and post to the Private Forum if you are not 100% sure that you are correct about a scam warning.

Postsusana d'momo

by jeanniezelos » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:34 am

has anyone had contact from this lady? this came through my taw email - she does seem to be a genuine person - susana d'momo - but i'd guess its just a "join this site" message :( I can decide for myself what i want to join...i don't need a total stranger to tell me.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... 26hs%3D4NJ

Email: SUSYARTE@YAHOO.COM.AR
------------- Message ------------
HELLO JEANNIE
I wish send you information about art projects to you can participate. Said me an email adress to do it.
Best Regards

bit more trawling - she's doing a "do you want to be in an art book" - for a small fee no doubt!!
jeanniezelos
Power User

PostRe: susana d'momo

by wendypuerto » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:19 am

Hi Jeannie

Lately there have been lots of virus emails doing the rounds especially reccomendations of various sites,to make you click on the link to have a look, some even seem to be from previous client email addresses and addresses from people you know, they are getting extremely cute, in the way they operate. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
wendypuerto
Power User

by jeanniezelos » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:13 am

yes -ones supposed to be from people you know - that's weird isn't it Wendy. I don't understand quite how it works ( email) and was gob smacked the first time I got one (full of gibberish) that was supposed to be from myself! used to it now tho :( i do wonder what on earth people get out of these odd emails - ones you can see they'll be after your money is understandable even if i hate getting them but these weird ones that mean nothing - why do they bother?
jeanniezelos
Power User

by ickleilly » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:36 pm

One thing to beware of in 'rubbish' emails can be that, if you open them, it then can put hidden things into your computer which the senders can track. (Its a lot more complicated but I can't explain it very well!) Obviously dangerous stuff like viruses and trojans will be caught by your virus protection software, hopefully.
It is difficult to check what is rubbish and what isn't, without opening, but with practice so called junk can be filtered. Anything which tries to mimic my email address I delete without looking at it!
Does anyone else have any tips ?
ickleilly
Junior Forum Member

by jeanniezelos » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:01 pm

I use thunderbird as email and its got a good learning system for sorting out junk, thank goodness else i'd be ages wading through it :( also my webhost sends me a daily spam report...but at first thunderbird thought that this was spam and sent it to the trash box!!! buts its retrained now. clever stuff these pc's. :)
jeanniezelos
Power User