Read this.

Warn other artists of scammers and share tips on how to stay safe.
Login and post to the Private Forum if you are not 100% sure that you are correct about a scam warning.
Forum rules
Very Important!
* Avoid duplication posts - Please search the forum (e.g. use the potential scammers email address) before posting.
* Login and post to the Private Forum if you are not 100% sure that you are correct about a scam warning.

PostRead this.

by dennisspicer » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:31 pm

Idid not realise I had posted all of these email adresses, I will try and get rid of them!Can they be deleted after thet have been posted? Someone tell me how.
Last edited by dennisspicer on Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dennisspicer
Forum Member

PostRe: Read this.

by jeanniezelos » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:00 am

Please DON'T pass it on.. its a hoax, been doing the rounds since 2002. :(
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/life-is-beau ... -hoax.html

It's a good idea to always check with a site like hoaxslayer, urban legends or snopes before passing on stuff like this.Just type them into google search and you'll find the sites and can search for anything that concerns you -there are loads of email hoaxes doing the rounds sadly, I've no idea what kick the originators get but it genuinely worries some people and clogs up inboxes.
Dennis- you might want to edit your post to take out people emails too.
jeanniezelos
Power User

by wendypuerto » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:14 am

Thanks Jeannie I didn't wan't to respond and seem like a know it all they seem so genuine we all have been caught out at some time,this is an old one. :roll: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :cry:
wendypuerto
Power User

by dennisspicer » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:58 pm

OK ignore my post, I have now edited it myself. I do not know if it is hoax or not, but if people who know more than me about computers say so, fair enough. Maybe I won't panic in future! Thanks for help.
dennisspicer
Forum Member

by jeanniezelos » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:50 pm

Dennis, i thought you must not have realised you'd copied the addresses too - its easy done and i've done it myself :oops:

re the email - it's easy to believe these things - there are so many real scams that we have to beware of it just makes me so cross when people set up fake ones :( and get people worried for nothing. I had this one sent to me by a worried friend not long ago thats how as soon as i saw it i knew it was fake because i'd looked it up for her and remebered the name. why people can't just use the web for genuine purposes i do not know.One that was doing the rounds recently was an email list of names along with a poem about the supposed victim of a drunk driver. when the list got to 5000 people were supposed to email it to MADD (mothers against drunk drivers) but in fact its a hoax and causing them problems by clogging their email system when they could be using it for better purposes. that jst makes me so cross because most people just want to help and then they get taken advantage of by some low life turd spammers :x rant over :oops:
jeanniezelos
Power User