selling shares in my website

Warn other artists of scammers and share tips on how to stay safe.
Login and post to the Private Forum if you are not 100% sure that you are correct about a scam warning.
Forum rules
Very Important!
* Avoid duplication posts - Please search the forum (e.g. use the potential scammers email address) before posting.
* Login and post to the Private Forum if you are not 100% sure that you are correct about a scam warning.

Postselling shares in my website

by wendypuerto » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:24 am

It came to my attention yesterday a website is selling shares in my website at $3 (it is some sort of cyberspace web game) Blooming cheek!!!
The company is called urladex.com and they reckon they have 114 shares to sell.

Whats all this about does anyone know? :x

Also a company called quantcast.com is giving a review of my webstats
they reckon my audience is geared to a young male audience.how the **** do they know and are they allowed to do this? :x :x :x

I have emailled them but no response as yet!
wendypuerto
Power User

PostRe: selling shares in my website

by jeanniezelos » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:55 pm

how weird? it's like those odd facebook things when people "buy" you..
In reality you can't sell what you don't own but as its a game? no idea how you sort it. i think i'd be cross - its not likely to bring you customers and you need to be careful what your site is associated with - same as you don't just link to anyone. I'm sure there must be a way to stop it, thinking further wendy, it just seems wrong - after all you pay and own the domain name so how can they make any use of it? esp to make money from it.
jeanniezelos
Power User

PostRe: selling shares in my website

by wendypuerto » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:16 pm

Yes I am a bit cross, I have had a little time to think I will see if my host can think of what to do.
I suppose google is the next stop to get in touch with?See if they can remove it.
wendypuerto
Power User