A message from Google... or not??!!

Warn other artists of scammers and share tips on how to stay safe.
Login and post to the Private Forum if you are not 100% sure that you are correct about a scam warning.
Forum rules
Very Important!
* Avoid duplication posts - Please search the forum (e.g. use the potential scammers email address) before posting.
* Login and post to the Private Forum if you are not 100% sure that you are correct about a scam warning.

PostA message from Google... or not??!!

by ceebiscoe » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:11 am

Hi... I wonder if anyone has had this message (below) or similar before and what they make of it! It came via my TAW mailbox. I haven't replied - it just puzzled me really. I've taken out the sender's name for the moment but it came from a gmail address. Does anyone think it may be some kind of scam, perhaps? (Oh, how cynical we have to be!! :( ) Many thanks for any thoughts you may have, Cee

------------- Message ------------
Increase traffic to your website

We would like to get your website on first page of Google.

All of our processes use the most ethical "white hat" Search Engine Optimization techniques that will not get your website banned or
penalized.

Please reply and I would be happy to send you a proposal.
In order for us to respond to your request for information, please include your company's
website address (mandatory) and or phone number.
ceebiscoe
Forum Newbie

PostRe: A message from Google... or not??!!

by wendypuerto » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:30 pm

Yes I have had it several times just some one trying to make some money as per usual I just zapped it,
wendypuerto
Power User

by ceebiscoe » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:01 pm

Many thanks, Wendy! I'll go and delete it.
ceebiscoe
Forum Newbie

by joetymkow » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:42 am

Yes!

I had the same message on 14/09/09 from: Lawrence Baxter Email: lawrencebaxter0006@gmail.com and on 15/09/09 from: Melodie Johnson Email: melodie3001@gmail.com

Both appeared as messages on my website control panel.
joetymkow
Forum Member

by emmawood » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:31 am

i keep getting them too - v. annoying.
emmawood
Forum Member

by jeanniezelos » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:31 am

the spammers use all sorts of email addresses now - gmail, yahoo etc used to be mainly hotmail but now they are more adept at looking respectable....

there aren't any shortcuts to getting top listings - its just hard work - but lots of companies will offer to do it for a fee...but google etc are always changing the way they rate sites so you need to be on it constantly ( i'm not :oops: )
there are things you can do yourself that these companies are offering to do for money...I don't know that much about seo - keep promising to learn more but its that old prob of time....
you can do google adwords for instance - where you pay to have certain words promoted but that can work out expensive and anyway even if someone does get your site first doesn't mean they're going to buy from it...
jeanniezelos
Power User