another scam probably

Warn other artists of scammers and share tips on how to stay safe.
Login and post to the Private Forum if you are not 100% sure that you are correct about a scam warning.
Forum rules
Very Important!
* Avoid duplication posts - Please search the forum (e.g. use the potential scammers email address) before posting.
* Login and post to the Private Forum if you are not 100% sure that you are correct about a scam warning.

Postanother scam probably

by francesdoherty » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:54 am

Hi, just recieved an email from pearl_biblereader....just says i want to contact you about your work. smells like a scam to me.

F D :roll:
francesdoherty
Forum Newbie

PostRe: another scam probably

by helennock » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:21 am

Hi Frances,
I had recent business from an initial contact that began with 'Hi, I'm contacting you about your work'. Vague to say the least and I also nearly didn't bother replying because they didn't use my name nor signed off with theirs. Anyway I sent a polite response thanking them for their contact and asking what they would like to know e.g, price, size ,design, availability, materials lead times etc. Didn't expect it to go any further but actually led to a sale and a commissioned piece. Another thing I havn't encountered was the reluctance to speak with me personally about their investment, which wasn't small....so the whole connection was carried out via cyber space!
Stick with giving information in your usual format and never part with goods before paypal or cheque has cleared. Fingers crossed.

P.S. loved looking at your work....beautiful
helennock
Power User