DIY Exhibition stands

An area for members to share experiences and find help with using ArtWeb

PostDIY Exhibition stands

by eliseferguson » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:06 pm

Hi all

Does anyone have any bright ideas for how to put together a DIY stand for displaying paintings? I'm doing a craft fair next month and would like to put something together which I can use to hang a few framed paintings and box canvases on but I don't want to shell out for a proper stand just yet.

Any suggestions welcome!
cheers
Elise
eliseferguson
Forum Member

by wendypuerto » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:07 pm

I have seen some people use garden trellis 2' x 6' hinged together.
wendypuerto
Power User

by Will » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:26 pm

I used 6 sheets of pegboard (2 x 6.5 feet) with a strip wood frame all around each to make them rigid. I used hinges to join them so that it would form a triangle with 2 sheets forming each side. (you can just take out the hinge spindle to dismantle) This way it becomes very stable, people can walk all around it and it's suitable for use outside at open-air shows in the Summer. I use 'S' hooks to hang the paintings from. I also have a fold-up table, a print browser and a greetings card stand, making quite a nice little display. It all fits into the back of my van, with boxes of paintings stacked on top.
Will
Forum Newbie

Postdisplay boards

by valcansick » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:36 am

Hi Elise,

I made some simple display boards from 12mm plywood which you can get at any timber merchants. If you would like to email me via my website so I can reply to you I will give you instructions for making foursided display units covered in hessian which gives a nice arty finish, and is cheap to buy, plus you can knock in some castors on the bottom of the legs to make the unit/s easy to move. If I can do it anyone can - but you may have someone in your family who will put them together for you. I got the timber yard to cut the sections for me including the uprights so all I had to do was put it all together with screws and cover the boards with hessian. The good thing is you can flatpack them afterwards and they store in less space that way. Val
valcansick
Forum Newbie

by eliseferguson » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:27 am

Thanks for your suggestions everyone, that's very helpful. :) Val, I've just sent you an email through your contact page.

cheers
Elise
eliseferguson
Forum Member

PostRe: DIY Exhibition stands

by wendypuerto » Sun May 03, 2009 6:20 am

I came accross this post on google whilst looking for pegboard could you tell me Will the name of the supplier you bought yours from?I have found a couple of places but they wont do small orders,
wendypuerto
Power User