images are not sharp???

An area for members to share experiences and find help with using ArtWeb

Postimages are not sharp???

by evigstottner » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:37 pm

I wonder if someone could advice me on how to make my images to appear sharper on the website. (some of them look a bit blurred)
I tried saving them in 'save for web' in Photoshop but they come out blurry when uploaded.
After that I saved them as jpgs 300dpi but they still appear not as sharp as I would want them to be on the web.
Does anyone know why this is so? Has it got anything to do with the size of the file?
I would be grateful for any feedback on this.
evigstottner
Forum Newbie

PostRe: images are not sharp???

by wendypuerto » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:05 pm

Hello

I would lower the resolution for website images to 72 or 96 and pixel size 1000 max this should give a good image suitable for the web you only need the 300 dpi and above for prints.

I hope this helps.
wendypuerto
Power User

by jeanniezelos » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:50 am

and saving as jpg needs to be done from the original file not the one you used to "save for web" I keep all my originals and when i crop the background out i save a file as a 300dpi "master" copy that i can print from and then save copies resized to 600 pixels at 72 dpi for the web ( tho sometimes i mess up and forget to change the dpi to 72 - if you have 300 dpi on web it means people can simply copy and print thats why advice it to lower the res.

If you just tried to alter your blurry file by uploading it and then changing the save format it'll stay blurry - like when i forgot to save a 600 jpg and tried to do it from a 100 thumbnail - disaster - very "blocky" :D but mistakes are what we learn from. So try saving as jpg from your original photo or scan, or take more - i've just had some fuzzy images and discovered it was the camera lens was very dusty :oops: a clean with my specs cloth and images are much sharper....
jeanniezelos
Power User

by evigstottner » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:35 am

Thanks for the advice - I will try it out and hopefully fingers crossed it will work this time.
evigstottner
Forum Newbie