Hello Everyone!

Welcome all newcomers! Please introduce yourself and your work

PostHello Everyone!

by Helen Yates Art » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:18 pm

Hi,

I am new to the forum - only joined today!

As a full time self employed artist, based at home, I predominantly work in pastel to create pet portrait commissions. I enjoy experimenting with many different types of media, and would love to try out any new techniques artists want to share.

Please check out my website to see examples of my work

http://www.helenyatesart.co.uk

Look forward to hearing from you all soon.
Helen
Helen Yates Art
Forum Newbie

PostRe: Hello Everyone!

by asha » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:06 pm

Hi Helen,
Wonderful work. Crisp, emotive and great composition. Wishing you the best of luck with promoting yourself. I used to do pastel portraits of people on the beaches in S.Africa..but not to your standards. I know it takes a lot of clear focus and "soul" energy. I for one would love to see some of your other artworks uploaded sometime. Regards Alan Keating
asha
Forum Newbie

by Helen Yates Art » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:55 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words. I will hopefully be posting images of other types of work soon on my website http://www.helenyatesart.co.uk as well as the forum.

As promotion I also post many progression stages of my pieces on social media - I think people really enjoy seeing the amount of work that goes into the pet portraits they commission.

Thanks again
Helen
Helen Yates Art
Forum Newbie

by Gillmichael » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:15 pm

Hi, I love your work, such detail, - and your website is impressive too. Sorry to be cheeky but can you tell me how you set it up and what what cost were involved. I am interested in getting my own website created, I've sold quite a few paintings on EBAY, but I don't think it is doinmg me any favours. Thank you in anticipation.
Gillmichael
Forum Newbie

by Helen Yates Art » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:11 am

Hi,

Thank you for your comments. It was my husband who created my website - he has worked on sites for others too. I will send you a private message with the email address you can contact him on. I hope this is helpful.

Thanks again
Helen
Helen Yates Art
Forum Newbie