Welcome to my facebook page

Welcome all newcomers! Please introduce yourself and your work

PostWelcome to my facebook page

by asha » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:54 pm

Hi everyone, I found my way around my new Facebook Admin page and wish to invite everyone to have a look and participate in the proposed project. This is for "accidental " images that appear by themselves on your palette, kitchen table or in the shadows of your curtain. I often find them and am now selling prints and posters of my favourite ones. They are a lot of fun and often can be inspiration for serious paintings etc.
Apologies for my wild words on previous posts, but I tried to stir things up a bit so I know what I am dealing with. You guys are too cool for me. Enough of that now, it is not the real me.
I am hoping to create a fun page where we upload interesting images we see and capture, one way or another. The best ones can be kept personal as inspiration for our next painting or part thereof...but please share any which you deem appropriate. My website is http:alankeating.artweb.com/. My Admin Facebook address is http:www.facebook.com/ashacha88. Hope to see you there.
asha
Forum Newbie

PostRe: Welcome to my facebook page

by helennock » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:07 pm

Sounds fun. Great feed for the muse
Can't open the urls...can you check the addresses, copy, then click on URL and insert between the brackets

That is, copy and paste exactly what shows in the browser of the page you want a link too...so that won't include http..but automatically included when inserted into URL
....ummm...does that make sense {: > )) ?
Last edited by helennock on Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
helennock
Power User

by helennock » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:13 pm

helennock
Power User

by helennock » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:24 pm

Alan abstract crop.jpg
Alan abstract crop.jpg (129.72 KiB) Viewed 5938 times
Now you have touched on something I love to do...crop elements and capture transient moments that make great photographic or digital art works in their own right. I'm just going to try for an image upload here...cropped from a digital doodle. I haven't been able to up load images here for ages - keeps coming up with a too large notice (or something like that) .
helennock
Power User

by helennock » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:31 pm

It works (obviously) Image under 500 x 500 pixels and 150 kb ..if that helps for future use.
Sorry, sabotaged your thread a wee bit
helennock
Power User

by asha » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:26 pm

Thanks Helen...hopefully this computer function learning curve will be a few months affair. Will try that. Yeah I really hope we all contribute a little...but a few would be good too. If folks prefer we could create a non personal library, whatever. Lots to learn about pixal settings, resolution, what translates from an A4 image to a A2 image etc. Easy when you know the territory...busy doing a photo shoot now, regards Al
asha
Forum Newbie

by asha » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:33 pm

Amazing that a well experienced photographer and I got caught taking a bunch of unusable photos where side lighting on textured paint was the issue. One needs diffused lighting, preferably top lighting, for the optimal effect when taking photos of such works. The lighting must be even, not too bright. Live and learn I guess.
PS; I meant top lighting if the image is on the floor, and the camera on a tri-pod facing down...Any other tips would be appreciated.
asha
Forum Newbie