introduction

Welcome all newcomers! Please introduce yourself and your work

Postintroduction

by garysmith » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:41 pm

Hi
My names Gary Smith. I've been a member for about 5 years so I thought I would just introduce myself. I'm an artist who works primarily with oils though my main palette is monochrome and the topic I paint is nostalgic in style. Up to now its been quite successful

Usually I read what others post on the forum and in regards the recent scammer who purported to want to buy certain artwork but provided no address, who they really were (Jaime Franco?) etc. However I was one of those contacted and while I knew there was something fishy I conversed with this person? Who was supposed to be abroad however when he sent the "Standardised Cheque" for £3900 Euros the postmark on the envelope was West Midlands? (Not very abroad). I’ve actually framed the cheque.
Needless to say I had another email asking to purchase loads of artwork and again it feels suspicious and reads very similar to JF. I am going to contact this person who goes by the name of Rita Wayne
This is a piece of the email she sent
"am interested in your artworks and i will like to know the total price for the artworks below and can you send me some expensive paintings you got as well,please write me on my email.Thanks.Rita" then there is a long list of titles she would like. So before I reply with the intention of offering to meet face to face especially with someone who wishes to spend an awful lot of money has any one else had contact from this person.
Regards to all
Gary
garysmith
Forum Newbie

PostRe: introduction

by helennock » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:58 am

Hi Gary,
From my personal experience, these are sent out frequently to artists and artisans. This looks like a typical format.

Helen
helennock
Power User