New studio.

Discuss anything and everything art related with other forum members

PostNew studio.

by KennethClarkeartist » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:54 pm

Hello artweb members,
I just started a new painting in my new studio. It has been so relaxing and liberating to have my own space to create. I don,t have to paint at the back of my noisy gym or family conservatory anymore. Yippeee. :P
KennethClarkeartist
Forum Newbie

PostRe: New studio.

by Arty » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:35 am

Where did you find some space?
Some people of course can build a shed in there back gardens, I am in a second floor flat so as much as I would like a shed its not possible.
Looking for a workshop/studio have an etching press and all the stuff to do picture framing not to mention some photography.
Back in the eighties I had a space in the Eagle works in the midlands but would prefer to do my own thing on a semi commercial basis some teaching and all of the above, so am looking for a bit of inspiration.
Thanks
Dave.
8)
Arty
Forum Newbie

by KennethClarkeartist » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:28 am

Hello,
It,s great to have my own space and freedom to paint when I wish to. I found a great room to rent from two men that run a property maintenance company. They had a room that was just being used to store junk. I made them an offer and they cleared the junk to a skip. I,ve been there two years now and they are happy because they earn money now from a room that was just dead space really. I would think lots of business space could be made use of if you look round. Good luck. Kenneth.
KennethClarkeartist
Forum Newbie

by emilyholsman » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:42 am

Good for you Kenneth.
Oddly enough the local Chamber of Commerce in Hastings on Victoria's Mornington Peninsula has taken over a number of vacant High Street retail shops, converting them into art galleries that showcase, promote and sell the work of local artists.
It's a tremendous initiative and one that will remain as long as the shops remain 'vacant.' Mind you there are (sadly) several empty at the moment so no shortage of opportunity.
One or two have studio space that artists use both to work and to present classes.
emilyholsman
Forum Newbie