posting wood to australia (canvas)

Discuss anything and everything art related with other forum members

Postposting wood to australia (canvas)

by mowelch » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:58 pm

please help. has anyone posted artwork ie canvas on wooden stretchers to Australia. I understand they don't allow certain organics etc into the country. it has to be treated once there or in quarantine !!!. would it be wise for me to carefully take canvas off stretcher and post in a roll. also who would be the cheapest distributor, ie dhl post office , has anyone out there had this problem?
mowelch
Forum Newbie

PostRe: posting wood to australia (canvas)

by tracyannmarrison » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:13 pm

Hi Mo,

I posted two large canvas paintings on wooden stretchers to Australia a couple of years ago. Didn't have a problem and they arrived within four days. Not sure if regulations have changed since then though. I used Interparcel.com to book the courier. Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Tracy-Ann
tracyannmarrison
Forum Newbie

by mowelch » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:01 am

thank you tracy anne, I might risk it, kind regards mo
mowelch
Forum Newbie

by emilyholsman » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:07 am

A friend of mine lived in the UK for several years and sent many of his belongings to Australia by freight, including a cricket bat. I believe it was simply a matter of declaring the substance (wood) and explaining its origin and purpose. It arrived perfectly okay although I believe his cricket shoes had to be especially cleaned as they contained traces of soil.
emilyholsman
Forum Newbie