the blog on our websites

Discuss anything and everything art related with other forum members

Postthe blog on our websites

by tiffanylogan » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:22 pm

Hi everyone! I've started using the Artweb blog but feel frustration that it won't allow images [apart from one] or clear breaks between each new post. I'm wondering if I'm using it wrong as I noticed someone on Artweb yesterday had images and clearly defined headings and dates etc. Sorry if this seems like a moan - but am I missing something here?
:shock:
Appreciate any feedback. Sorry admin if this offends....
tiffanylogan
Forum Newbie

PostRe: the blog on our websites

by tiffanylogan » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:55 pm

Also - also is there a gallery layout feature on our site that allows less tabs at the top and then multiple galleries from one tab - say a "gallery" tab? I'm trying to simplify and improve my website...... I have looked but again, I may have missed something. Thanks!
:oops:
tiffanylogan
Forum Newbie

by helennock » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:02 pm

Hi Tiff,

I find the blog page difficult to edit. For starters the very small window to work in, and adding links via the html page is difficult too. I have left my blog on there with a final post redirecting to another blog address. Maybe I'm missing something too. Oh, I posted as many images as I needed by adding an html link from my flickr pages and it posts directly in the blog window. I did find folks were looking at my website blog though, I just got fed up with twiddling in such a small edit window and scrolling up and down the html text to find where to add links.

Helen
helennock
Power User

by admin » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:05 pm

Hi Tiffany and Helen,

Thank you very much for the valuable feedback.

As it happens we are currently in the last testing stages of the new control panel. It will become available in the next few weeks, if not days.

In the new control panel the edit window will be resizable so you can make it much bigger.

However, for other advanced options on the blog, like more images etc, we'd suggest you create an account on a third party blog service instead and link to that in your website menu (use the links section of your website control panel - http://www.artweb.com/tutorial_video/view/links). This way the blog seems to be part of your website to visitors.

Of course it may be better for the traffic to your website to have the blog on your own site, but if you link the third party blog site back to your website, that will do the trick.

Hope you will like the new control panel! And please give us any feedback when it's live so we can keep improving it.

- The Artweb Team
admin
Site Admin

by tiffanylogan » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:59 pm

Sorry Helen - didn't know anyone had responded - thought it would show in my email account. [I'm sure it used to - I feel as though I'm having to jump through hoops to find my forum messages.
I think I'll link my blog to my artist facebook page but I think this will look a tad unprofessional.....
And something weird has happened to my homepage - all overlapping and illegible
:cry:
feeling frustrated.....
And admin - thanks for the input.
tiffanylogan
Forum Newbie

by helennock » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:51 pm

Good luck with that Tiff...hopefully sorted now. I haven't been here for a few days. I'm also in painful throes of deciding what to do about my old Windows XP. Looking more and more like a new pc to cope with a different platform. I'm running two lots of protection but 'they' will get us in the end.
helennock
Power User

by helennock » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:52 pm

Artweb team....that window is waaay better to work with.....I hope the expand tool wasn't there before I grumped!!
helennock
Power User

by admin » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:48 pm

helennock wrote:Artweb team....that window is waaay better to work with.....I hope the expand tool wasn't there before I grumped!!

No it's newly added.

And feel free to grump. We wouldn't be able to improve artweb if nobody ever did! :)
admin
Site Admin

by helennock » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:33 pm

:>)
helennock
Power User