Studio space

Discuss anything and everything art related with other forum members

PostStudio space

by Arty » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:55 am

Hello am looking for a studio space. Not needing to be in an artists communal space as I had many years ago can be more commercial.
Wanting it for photography and printmaking and frame making as I have all the kit.
The idea is to do my own work and some commercial work too ie framing and photography and some teaching.
Am north of Birmingham ie Lichfield so just wandered if anyone has something to suggest.
Arty
Forum Newbie

PostRe: Studio space

by emilyholsman » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:47 am

Hi Arty
It might be a long shot but the local Chamber of Commerce in Hastings on Victoria's Mornington Peninsula has taken over a number of vacant High Street retail shops and converted them into galleries and studios for local artists. Needless to say at effectively no cost. They only pay for utilities such as power.
You could try approaching estate agents with the same idea. You would need to vacate as and when the property is leased but if you have a good relationship with the agent/landlord I dare say there is every chance you could set up again nearby.
emilyholsman
Forum Newbie

PostRe: Studio space

by RainbowArt » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:22 pm

You could try hiring a small portakabin from here. My friend bought one second hand and it's a great studio space, lots of light and very secure. The only thing you'd have to think about is where you'd put it as I think you'd need planning permission.

Emily's idea sounds much better but if you can't do that then a Portakabin may be a good alternative :)

Good luck!
RainbowArt
Forum Newbie