Contacted By New Art Originals.com for Exhibition

Exchange questions and advice with other artists

PostRe: Contacted By New Art Originals.com for Exhibition

by davidraison » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:22 pm

Thanks Wendy. Yes, it's all due the recession. My last contract ended just as the recession really began to bite. 6 months so far :(
davidraison
Forum Member

by Darran » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:13 am

Hi Guys,

I also have been contacted several times by this company. was also sent an e-mail via a website I sell on making me aware it may have been a possible scam. they did ring me, so I know they are genuine. But, like I read in an earlier post here, they said exactly the same thing to me..how much they liked my work..bla bla. i was also told that because they approached me they would drop the joining fee. then the fact that there is only 12-15 spaces available.

I don't doubt this company is genuine. Just sounds like they are edging their bets?

Darran
http://www.artbydarran.com
Darran
Forum Newbie

by wendypuerto » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:53 am

Not a bad way for them to make some money,he said that to me too he would drop the admin fee.

With most of these online galleries springing up if they charge a fee to join they are out to make a nice yearly salary for themselves.

Also It is always worth doing a bit of research,If they are Artists themselves why would you prescribe to another online artist website? That question was put to me a couple of years ago by a well known gallery website, they pointed out it suggests you have no confidence in your own site,If you need exposure how are you going to expose all the other artists as well.
wendypuerto
Power User

by darrenbaxter » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:21 pm

my report on newartoriginals;

so I exhibited at the bedroom bar on sat 5th with newartoriginals and wasn't expecting much because as you've probably seen their website is pretty atrocious and I couldn't get much info out of them. When I tried to ask how much room I'd have to exhibit all they kept saying was "enough room for between 1 and 4 paintings" which is a tad ambiguous to say the least. As it turns out it was a board measuring about 8' x 5' and I couldn't tell you what was keeping it standing. In fact one of the other exhibitors told me that my board had fallen down in between set up and the opening of the exhibition! Thankfully my work was undamaged. Despite all of this once the exhibition started it was actually a decent night, it was busy and they had a band which made for a good atmosphere. Overall I don't have any regrets, it was cheap, I had plenty of interest in my work and had a good night but wouldn't bother exhibiting with them again.
ps, AZZA, are you aware that they've used one of your comments from this forum on their testimonial pages

http://www.dbgallery.co.uk
darrenbaxter
Forum Newbie

by kundaliniarts » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:38 pm

:roll:
Hi, yes we were contacted by this 'organisation' also, and after looking at their (un-inspiring) website and reading all the small print, we decided not to proceed further with them ...

... Hopefully if anyone else has already gone ahead and registered with them though, it'll be all worth while .... but in these lean times, perhaps you're better off spending your money elsewhere :wink:

... Here's wishing you all a truely creative week !

~ Phil & Bob ~

http://www.kundaliniarts.co.uk
Attachments
LOGO.jpg
LOGO.jpg (25.98 KiB) Viewed 10893 times
kundaliniarts
Forum Newbie

by sarartist » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:17 pm

Hello,

I have used this new art originals.com before and they are genuine they actually contacted me a couple of years ago and I took part in one of their
exhibitions which was quite a good event and I had a lot of interest in my artworks. see viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2107924
I agree the website isn't the best but it does the trick.

They offer a bit more then just a website they have a gallery in Brick Lane in London and recently contacted me to exhibit there so I am looking at doing this. From my own experience this company has been going a while now at least 4 years. I agree finances are tight right now but I'm looking to invest a few pounds to get my works in their Brick Lane gallery just to get my stuff out there!
sarartist
Forum Newbie

by wendypuerto » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:26 pm

Thanks for posting, do let us know how it goes? The best infio is from the artists themselves.Good luck 8) 8) 8)
wendypuerto
Power User

by jeanniezelos » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:16 am

some discussion of them on wet canvas

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=579078

and onhere

http://community.artspan.com/showthread.php?t=5219

for me it would depend on whether the gallery was worth it ( if i lived in london) if its just a shop somewhere down a little road away from artbuyers thats different to an established gallery with a list of customers. i guess as always you get what you pay for. brick lane is something i've seen attached to other art sales/exhibitions that weren't quite what people were expecting - i can't remember the name of the co now...i think it was in SAA forum a while back but there were some quite unhappy people - maybe its a road with lots of galleries?
jeanniezelos
Power User

by sarartist » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:08 am

Hey,
been away for a while and saw these posts and links as discussed before this company is genuine and real! I have popped in several times into their gallery in Brick Lane always nice artworks in there, they are genuine people and friendly. If you live in London you will know Brick Lane is a very busy area especially in the summer.

The gallery is located near Atlantis arts supplies which I visit a lot and there are other galleries on that street (Hanbury St). These guys are doing a real good job promoting artists! Really. The gallery always has new interesting works. I have used them before and want to invest in displaying works in the gallery and on their website and other events. In these times when so many galleries are closing down we should really support the ones that are trying to give people like us a chance.

These guys do not charge a fortune infact very little to show, I got an email £3.50 a week for members! I see on their website they have a major exhibition with a Royal portrait artist this month who painted Princess Diana and many other events. I noticed their billboard project near Tate modern and their 1 weeks Free exhibition worth £1000 for an artist called Anna who won a competition. I got the info from their blog http://newartoriginals.wordpress.com
I really feel these guys should be applauded for the work they are doing. I understand some people are skeptical but I can't think of any other organisation that has so many interesting and original projects. I don't even think they are funded. I think they are a very good organisation and can't wait to use them again finances permitting.
sarartist
Forum Newbie

by jeanniezelos » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:10 am

the thing is - if you're aiming for fun. exposure and a good time they seem to hit the bill but....most artists are looking at sales. Thats what pays the bills - I can't see that anyone has had this from them thus my scepticism. as for funding - its like any business you pay your won costs - why would they be funded - they make money from the artists - they don't promise sales but exposure and fair enough they deliver on that from the sound of it. comes down to do you want to pay xx£ for exposure? - will it relate to sales in future or are you paying for people to have a good day/night out and look at some artworks.

I'm too far away anyway so its an academic question for me but i would be interested to know of the exhibitors v sales made ratio.
jeanniezelos
Power User

by alexanderkorzerrobin » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:53 am

It's a money making racket. If you have to pay to exhibit a piece in a gallery, then it is usually not worth it. No serious gallery charges artists to exhibit their work.

Does it strike anyone else as odd that "sarartist" has had nothing else to contribute to the forum other than a lengthy essay every six months on how genuine "new art originals" is? ( She is interested in "exposure" but has neither a full name nor a website?! )
How trustworthy is a vanity gallery with such a deceitful marketing campaign?
alexanderkorzerrobin
Forum Newbie

by shirleyshelton » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:50 pm

This company are only out to make money on admin fees
shirleyshelton
Forum Member

by jeanniezelos » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:32 am

alexander - that was my thoughts too when i read her post....the only contribution from her in two years is to back up this co when there's any sign of critism.
I do hate that kind of "it's nothing to do with me, I'm not part of the co" deceit when from posts it looks exactly as if she is part of their marketing campaign. the least people can do is be honest - we'd have more respect for their words then.
jeanniezelos
Power User

by sarartist » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:21 am

Right,I am very very angry at you guys. I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE COMPANY OK. So you cannot back up your argument so you gang up on me!.. STOP IT! Let me spell it out for you they are located on Hanbury St about 2 seconds walk from Atlantis art supplies that EVERY artist in London knows and probably goes to at some point. You have to walk right past their gallery to get there. All I am stating is the facts and that is they are genuine and real and they exist and they offer a genuine service. My opinion is: I like what they do. You guys are making yourself look really stupid in a public arena because if you actually got off your backsides and just checked your facts FIRST you would know this and would not be accusing me of being employed by them.

Regarding sales of works in my opinion there are two reasons one does not sell.
1.)No one likes your work enough to buy them
2.)or No one knows who you are or has seen your work to buy them.

Surely it's better to get your work out there rather than it sitting at home or in your studio.You can't blame the gallery if no one likes your work. Incidentally many galleries these days hire out their space including the Whitechapel and the Brick Lane Gallery near by. It's just the norm these days for the unestablished artist. it's harsh but we live in a commercial world out there.

The more people who see your work the more people are likely to buy I would imagine. I'm not really bothered about selling at this stage I'm in the 'do it for fun' category at the moment and want to develop my work slowly in my own time. I'm not really into this hard selling of art and trying to do something 'that sells'. If someone likes what I do that is great. I am getting a website built and I will post it here soon but I am not doing it before I'm ready.

I notice in this forum this company is constantly being talked about if you don't want people to comment about them and generate more marketing and publicity for them stop talking about them then!
sarartist
Forum Newbie

by CrissChaney » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:58 pm

Hi All,

I've just been contacted by new art originals although their offering seems a bit different from what you guys have been talking about below is the email. I've sent them a message back asking for more information as this is rather vague.

Hello Criss

I saw your work on http://www.cohesionglassnetwork.org and was very impressed I particularly enjoyed 2.

We are an exciting New Media Company that due to the success of our events and feedback we have adopted a physical Gallery space and are looking for quality artists to be represented at the gallery.

As usual all works must be original. We are able to give a Limited number of artists exclusive exposure at the Gallery for 1 Whole Year!

Here is what you get (Only a limited number of artists will be accepted):

1. 1 year access to our Real World Gallery to display works of your choice.
2. Up to two inclusive solo exhibitions a year.
3. Placement in the Gallery to Sell your work in London for 52 Weeks Guaranteed.
And more...

If you want to take up this amazing opportunity please contact me Today to reserve your place.

We'll see what they say, if this goes anywhere.
CrissChaney
Forum Newbie