Brick Lane Gallery

Exchange questions and advice with other artists

PostBrick Lane Gallery

by jpeohippus » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:54 pm

They've invited me to show during AIM in November. Do others have experience of exhibiting with them? Im really short of money and I know what they're offering is good value in terms of London (or anywhere) galleries but should I save my money since Ive been cleaned out by this 'agent' or use it to fund footslogging round the Affordable Art fair and/or other galleries? Your views would be most welcome. Thanks Julia
ps Ive posted a photo of myself which seems arrogant but its the only file I can find thats not too big and I wanted to check if it works. Any tips on reducing image size? Ta also.
Attachments
the artist 2008.jpg
the artist 2008.jpg (177.1 KiB) Viewed 4792 times
jpeohippus
Forum Newbie

PostRe: Brick Lane Gallery

by Barbara Shepard » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:00 am

Tips on reducing image size:- Do you have access to photoshop elements or a similar type of software. Even the most basic image software will allow you to crop an image and also reduce the image size. Usually the size of image for uploading and to ensure your pics cant be copied of f line is about 700 on the longest side.
There is a free piece of software you can download to make Thumbnails called easythumbnails available on http://www.fookes.com/. You can use it to resize in bulk or individually and can change the settings to make different sized thumbs. Its very easy. Get back to me if you have any problems.

Re Bricklane Gallery - I dont know it but am trying to find my way into the market place for selling my work. I welcome knowing anything that might be useful in this respect as well. Trauling the artfais doesnt sound fun and competition entry is costly and a long shot.
Barbara Shepard
Forum Newbie

PostRe: Brick Lane Gallery

by emmawood » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:43 am

I recently got an email from Brick Lane Gallery offering their services and suggesting a solo exhibition. I'm pretty busy at the moment ... and not with painting unfortunately... so I wondered if it would be too expensive/ time consuming to be worth it for me. But if you are looking at getting into the market I imagine it is a really good place to show. Do you mind if I ask how much it cost you? Do you have to frame everything yourself?
emmawood
Forum Member