Question on selling

Exchange questions and advice with other artists

PostQuestion on selling

by russellwood » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:46 pm

Hi all,

2 questions really,firstly is my art good enough to sell,if so how do you go about pricing.

Any feedback would be much appreciated

Russ
russellwood
Forum Newbie

PostRe: Question on selling

by Wendy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:39 pm

Hi Russ

Could you ask your family and friends whether they think your artwork is good enough to sell and, if so, how much they would be prepared to pay?

I'm sure that all new artists struggle with this question - I know that I have - and it never gets any easier!!

The one question I always ask myself is, how much would I want in return for parting with a piece of artwork. To me, it doesn't matter whether a piece of my art is "worth" that amount, it's about whether I would regret parting with it for any less.

If, for instance, someone offered you, say £60, for Swirls, would you be happy to hand it over? Only you know how much time, effort and cost of materials that it stands you. And then you have to factor in the emotional cost of it leaving your possession.

I wish there was a formula for this, but until you start to sell some/not sell some, only then will you know what you can achieve and have the confidence to ask it.

:P
Wendy
Forum Newbie

PostRe: Question on selling

by russellwood » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:07 am

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for your input,Ihave asked family what they think of the art,not about pricing though,i will do has you have suggested just wanted non family advise as family does tent to be biased some what.

Before i put prices up i just wanted to know if they are even good enough.

Again thanks for responding to this question.

All the best Russ
russellwood
Forum Newbie