Gallery problem

Exchange questions and advice with other artists

PostGallery problem

by Lara » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:53 am

Hello to all...I am new to the Artists Forum and I have a question regarding the gallery that represents me. I have been asking the owner to send my unsold works back to me for over 5 months. Whenever I do get the chance to speak to him, or an email gets replied to, there are excuses galore. Most of the reasons are private ones for him...poorly family members etc. I am so busy with work at the moment, that I can't get down there to pick the paintings up. He does have a large box that I made that he could return the works in and of course I have offered to pay the courier fees...he just claims that he doesn't have time and it would be easier for him if I just picked them up. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thankyou.
Lara

PostRe: Gallery problem

by helennock » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:08 pm

Hi Lara.

That gallery owner probably isn't on his own being reluctant to spend time packing up your work. Despite you offering to arrange courier, it will take time to make sure the work is packed well enough to withstand the abuse it will take during transit - let alone the onus of damage on him. If that's the case, he should say so.
Apart from that, if you haven't a written agreement about him being responsible for returning goods, I wouldn't think you could bring any force to bear.
Perhaps someone else will be able to throw more light on your dilemma.
Best of luck anyway.

Helen
helennock
Power User

PostRe: Gallery problem

by Bringer » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:16 pm

Why don't you tell him to pack your works inside the box and place your adress that you'll send for the courier to pick it up?
Bringer
Junior Forum Member