Advise please

Exchange questions and advice with other artists

PostAdvise please

by russellwood » Wed May 14, 2014 7:00 pm

Hi everyone,just a quick message to ask for advise,today i have received a message about someone wanting to purchase one of my paintings,here is the message below
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good day,

I want to place an order in your store/Gallery/Company and i will like to know if you ship to Singapore and my payment will be remitted via Credit Card Issued in United States.

please let me know if you can assist me with the order,and please do not forget to include your website in your reply.Your quick response will be highly appreciated,I will be very glad if you treat this email with good concern.

Regards,
Lindsey Supply Co.
Shun Li Industrial Complex,
603 Sims Drive, #03-10,
Singapore 387384

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds suss to me,just wondered if anyone could possibly throw some light on the matter,any help would be great,dont want to lose a sale but not sure about this,havent emailed them back yet as you can see in the email they have asked to include website in the reply,and im thinking why you must know the site and painting you want,maybe im just over paranoid. Cheers Russ
russellwood
Forum Newbie

PostRe: Advise please

by helennock » Wed May 14, 2014 10:12 pm

Oh Dear Russell,
Don't touch it with a bargepole! Nor open any links in the email body...nor send your live contact details...nor your online presence URLS such as, email, website and anywhere else you are a member or regularly active on the web. This is a generic text they will be sending to lots of people either to con for money, goods, or stealing ID.
helennock
Power User

PostRe: Advise please

by russellwood » Mon May 19, 2014 7:49 am

Hi Helen

Thanks for replying,yes i did a google(dont know why i didnt think of that first) was 99% sure was scam,artweb have confirmed as well,these people are scum.

Thanks again Russ
russellwood
Forum Newbie